If you haven’t made a wish list yet for our annual Barn Sale, it’s time to do so. The sale starts online only in just two days, and we’re here to help you get started.
Second, if you need suggestions for your list, then you might find inspiration from our MC super fans. Many recently attended a pre-Barn Sale party hosted by our first MC Maestros, Drs. Thomas McCue and Sean Bresnahan, also known on Instagram as @thecourtlycheckbears.
Here’s what our hosts will be looking for:
- Glassware for entertaining. “Since this world is opening back up, we need to start celebrating with family and friends, and what better way than with a toast in an MC glass.”
- Always frames for gifts.
- Ceramics, ceramics, ceramics!
- Décor for a new outdoor pool area/pool house project.
- Dish towels and kitchen accessories.
- Gifts for family and friends, especially for his father, who has become a SUPER Mackenzie-Childs fan.
Other party guests:
Kristina Choinski, of Marlton, New Jersey:
- Anything Parchment Check, which is her favorite pattern.
- Gifts for friends. “I’m always looking for wedding gifts.”
Tracey McGrath, of Rochester, New York:
- “If the stars aligned, I would probably go straight to the ceramic Courtly Check Floor Lamp. It is the only piece of MacKenzie-Childs that my husband was really impressed with, and to me that means full steam ahead!”
Colleen Hathaway, of Seneca Falls, New York:
- Champagne flutes. “I have the Blooming wine glasses and I must add the bubbly glasses! Such great weight and so beautifully decorated, they make any beverage special and match beautifully with all the MC patterns ceramic and enamelware on the table!”
- Pagoda Birdhouse. “Even the birds need some MC style! Classic whimsy and Courtly Check. A must-have for my garden.”
- Taylor Odd Fellows Great Vase. “What a hand-crafted beauty. A true statement piece. Taylor ceramics are always on my MC shopping list.”
More fans, who couldn’t attend in person, joined the party via a Zoom link. Here’s what is on their lists:
Cynthia Williams, of New Orleans, who, with her daughters, Enjoli and Erica, are known to their MC friends as the “Nawlins Ladies”:
- The Christmas Carol Tree. “It lights up, has beautifully wrapped gifts, plays ‘Jingle Bells,’ and best of all, is topped with an iconic Courtly Check star!”
- “The Cutting Garden 6′ Round Rug has always captured my heart. It has scalloped edges, colorful blooms, and black and white stripes. It would make a perfect addition to my bright and sunny breakfast nook.”
- SoHo porcelain dinnerware for her dining room table. “The SoHo collection is stylish and modern. It has texture, Courtly Check, and is trimmed with gold lustre. Midnight is my favorite, but Cloud and Mist would win a place on the table, too. As with all Mackenzie-Childs items, I know I can easily match or mix this pattern with other dinnerware collections.”
Susan Grelick, of Buffalo, New York:
- Breezy Poppy outdoor furniture for her patio. “I have the Greenhouse outdoor furniture and recently purchased the Breezy Poppy Chaise. The colors of the Breezy Poppy mixed with the Greenhouse furniture is so vibrant and fun!”
- Big Blue collection. “I purchased the Big Blue Whale Planter and I want to add to the collection. Looking to purchase the canapé knives, Big Blue small plates, Big Blue nesting bowls, platter, pitcher, and salt and pepper shakers.”
- Tartan Trio Planter. “The Tartan Trio Planter will look stunning in my sunroom with the Mackenzie Childs Parchment Palazzo Furniture. This is definitely on my list. And anything else to help freshen my sunroom, maybe something from the Super Pink collection. I love the Super Pink Coffee Table.”